Cluttered or over-populated posters with too many words should be avoided.
- Posters must be no larger than 44″ X 44″. Free-standing display boards and mounting devices will be provided.
- Posters should be prepared as a single poster (rather than a collage).
- Either Arial or Times New Roman font must be used.
- Font size in must be no smaller than 24 pt (Arial) or 28 pt (Times New Roman).
- Posters that do not conform to the above guidelines may not be displayed.
Additional Advice for Posters
- Bulleted points are encouraged.
- Text should contrast well with background. If necessary, shade text boxes to a solid color to help text stand out. Also, choose color combinations wisely (e.g., do not use green font on a red background). Avoid using photos as the poster background when the photo distracts from reading the content.
- When using text, convey information succinctly. Provide only key aspects of each section (i.e., Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion).
- Provide sufficient separation between sections.
- Keep figures/tables simple and large enough so that they can be interpreted from several feet away or read on a computer screen (remember text constraints listed above).
- Photographs should be well focused and easily interpretable.
- Don’t dwell on methods unless the poster’s subject matter is methodology (i.e., new and innovative ways of doing things).
- The poster number will identify the specific poster board upon which you are to display your poster. Please consult the NAAG Science Program for the number associated with your poster. Poster session presenters are asked to drop off their posters at the registration desk before 4 PM on 15 April.
- The formal poster session will be held at the Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre on the evening of Wednesday, April 15. Transportation by bus will be provided to/from the conference hotel, departing at 6 PM, and returning at 10 PM. Poster Session presenters are asked to accompany their poster from 7:00 to 9:00 PM during that evening for the formal review period. All posters will be moved by the conference organizers to a poster viewing room at the conference hotel for the remainder of the conference, and may be removed at 5 PM on April 17.