The Science Program Committee is now soliciting abstracts for talks and posters to be presented at NAAG. Any topic related to the biology and ecology of arctic geese is welcomed, including effects of climate, movement ecology, taxonomy, population biology, and interactions of light geese with other species. Abstract submission guidelines and example abstracts can be found below. The current deadline for abstract submission is 15 December, 2017.
Abstract Guidelines and Preparation
- Guidelines are the same for those wishing to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations.
- Abstracts should be concise, focusing on why the study was done and on primary conclusions and may not exceed 400 words. No tables, figures, maps or literature cited should be included in the abstract.
- Abstracts must be prepared in Microsoft Word.
- Please use 12 point, Times New Roman font with one inch page margins. Bold the title, and bold and italicize authors’ names. Emails must be included with your address.
- The Science Program Committee strongly recommends that authors download the Example Abstracts and simply replace text in the example to ensure conformation to abstract guidelines.
- The first word in the first line of the abstract page (in bold font and capitol letters) should indicate your first choice regarding presentation options – TALK or POSTER.
- When a student is the main author, please include “Student as Primary Author” after presentation type and an asterisk after the student name in the author byline.
Deadline: 15 December, 2017.
- Abstracts must be received before or on 15 December, 2017; those failing to conform to guidelines or received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please name electronic files using the following conventions: 1) first author’s first initial and last name, followed by underscore “_”, followed by the type of submission (“talk” or “poster”). For example bdugger_talk.doc); if the same first author is submitting more than one abstract in either category, then differentiate among the separate submissions using numbers immediately following the author name (e.g., jblack1_poster.doc, jblack2_poster.doc, etc) and saved as a *.doc file compatible with Office 2007.
- Submit each abstract separately via email to the Science Program Committee Chair: Dr. RF Rockwell using the email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In the e-mail, please use “NAAG Conference Abstract Submission” as the subject header.
Photo taken by: Jason Caswell